Getting Started: How to Apply and Register
What follows are the easy steps that will take you inside your first MC class.
Note that these steps are for new students who want to take credit classes. If you're a current credit student, see How to Register for Classes.
Enrollment Process for Credit Classes
Complete the admissions application.
- Complete the MC admissions application.
- Submit an official high school transcript. High school transcripts may be submitted electronically by high schools that use Naviance, or in person or by mail to Raptor Central on any campus.
General admission to Montgomery College is open to anyone who has either graduated from an accredited high school, satisfactorily completed the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) examination, or is at least 16 years of age and has graduated or left secondary school. Standardized test scores (e.g., SAT, ACT) are not required for admission but may be used to determine your course placement.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Apply for Disability Support 名门棋牌 (DSS) if needed. Students must self-identify and are encouraged to contact DSS as soon as possible after admission to the College.
- If you qualify for the Maryland Dream Act, complete the forms.
- Some programs at the College have additional admissions requirements and/or deadlines.
See each program for details:
Set up your MyMC account and your MC email. Then check whether you need to take a placement test.
- Claim your MyMC account: Go to MyMC and click on "Claim Your Account." You will be prompted to enter your MC Student ID along with your M# (nine characters including the M).
- Once you are logged in to MyMC, set up your Montgomery College email account by clicking on the email icon. This is the way MC will communicate with you.
- Based on your academic history, you may be exempt from taking a placement test. Otherwise, you will need to take NextGen ACCUPLACER English, ALEKS Math, or ACCUPLACER ESL. Visit the Assessment Centers page for more information about these tests and to schedule an appointment.
Complete orientation and counseling.
Register for your classes and be sure to submit your payment on time.
Now, let’s prepare for the semester:
- Register for classes by logging in to MyMC, clicking on "Registration," then choosing the icon that says “Register for Classes.” After completing your registration, print your schedule.
- Pay tuition & fees. You can make payments in full online or in person, by mail or by wire. Installment plans and payment by third-party sponsors are also available. Find out more about Payment Options.
- Find out how to obtain your MC Photo ID.
- Purchase/rent your books from the .
- Attend class!
Due to the coronavirus situation, the College is making several important changes to the academic calendar.
- Remote teaching and learning will continue through the end of the spring semester.
- May 2, 名门棋牌: The College will transition to a period designed to help students in need of academic support and assessment. This assistance and assessment period will last from May 4 to May 13.
- May 22, 名门棋牌: Semester formally ends.
- April 20, 名门棋牌: Summer course offerings published online for viewing only.
- April 27, 名门棋牌: Summer registration opens.
- June 8, 名门棋牌: Summer Session I classes begin. Courses will be online only.
- July 11, 名门棋牌: Summer Session II classes begin. Courses will consist of a combination of online and face-to-face courses.
- August 21, 名门棋牌: Summer session II classes end.
- May 11, 名门棋牌: Fall course offerings published online for viewing only.
- May 18, 名门棋牌: Fall registration opens.
- August 31, 名门棋牌: Fall classes begin.